By Shawn Lim
Fashion magazine Vogue will launch a series of mystery boxes on Binance NFT, the NFT marketplace, as part of its September issue for Singapore.
“We are excited to launch the first series of Vogue Singapore mystery boxes on Binance. This is a step towards a long-term strategy to bridge the crypto and gaming communities with digital investors, curious tech-savvy consumers, and luxury brands,” said Michael von Schlippe, president of Media Publishers, the publisher of Vogue Singapore.
“The mystery boxes will serve as a continuous process to engage the crypto community and allow them to interact with Vogue in a new format.”
Why is Vogue launching the NFT mystery boxes?
- The boxes are created in partnership with Brytehall, a premium NFT platform launching in September to target the crypto-community as well as NFT collectors, and NFKings Productions, a Binance-invested creative, and productions agency.
- The boxes contain NFT artworks that depict the moment of sunrise in 10 cities around the world, along with a Vogue astronaut exploring each city.
- The 10 cities available in the mystery boxes are Hong Kong, London, Milan, New York, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney and Tokyo.
- The collectors who obtain all 10 cities will be directed to a Binance Smart Chain-powered decentralized marketplace RARA via a secret link for an opportunity to purchase an eleventh and limited-edition Singapore sunrise NFT, thereby completing the full Vogue Singapore Mystery Box set.
- Collectors who own the complete Vogue Singapore Mystery Box set stand a chance to win two physical luxury timepieces and those who obtain three super rare city cards from the Vogue Mystery Box will also join a lucky draw to win one of three staycations with HoteLux.
The Drum is selling a one-off copy of a classic Drum magazine cover for charity, part of the Retail Deep Dive coverage into NFTs. Own your very own piece of Drum magazine cover art by taking part in the auction this week.